Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
France will come to the market this morning to issue three LT off-the-run OATs, none of which have been auctioned so far in 2021.
- E6.5-7.5bln will be on offer and the bonds on offer will all have a 10-13-year maturity: the 1.50% May-31 OAT, the 5.75% Oct-32 OAT and the 1.25% May-34 OAT.
- With no other off-the-run 10-13 year maturity OATs sold this year, the best comparables are the 0% Nov-30 and the 0% Nov-31 (the previous 10-year benchmark and the current 10-year benchmark).
- These OATs were both offered in the July auction with strong demand for both. The 0% Nov-30 OAT saw E2.79bln sold from bids of E6.65bln (2.38x bid-to-cover) while the 0% Nov-31 OAT saw E4.18bln sold from bids of E8.93bln (2.14x bid-to-cover).
- Note that 10-year OAT spreads to Bunds have been relatively stable over the past couple of months while OATs have rallied just under 30bp over the past month.
- Timing: Results will be available shortly after the auction closes at 9:50BST/10:50CET.