Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/ZAR opened lower, but 15.00 handle looking sticky in early trading, having failed to break on news that restrictions were being lifted.
- However, firm bond inflows should begin to weigh on the cross, provided global risk sentiment remains positive.
- Markets now estimating less severe drains on 1Q21 growth as a result of an easing of restrictions, which should be ZAR supportive in the near-term.
- Spot is hovering above the 50dma and will need to close below to make the next leg lower.
- Yesterday's low at 14.9739 should act as a short-term bear-trigger to open up a move towards Sup1: 14.8685, followed by Sup2: 14.7761 (21 Jan low), Res1: 15.0718, Res2: 15.1544