Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- The 1.625% Oct-71 gilt will also be on offer tomorrow for GBP1.00bln nominal.
- Despite being launched almost three years ago, this remains the longest-dated outstanding gilt.
- The gilt has only been sold once during this fiscal year, in October. This auction saw a bid-to-cover of 2.63x and a tight tail of 0.1bp. The full PAOF proceeds were also taken.
- This was the first conventional auction of the gilt which had previous been sold on three occasions via syndication.
- We would expect another strong auction this week.
- Timing: Results will be announced shortly after the auction closes at 11:30GMT. A further GBP250mln nominal will be available to successful bidders through the PAOF.