Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: A leading instigator among Tory remainers, Dominic Grieve, has
indicated that he would not facilitate a Jeremy Corbyn government, further
suggesting that the Labour leader's audacious plan to install a caretaker
government will not garner sufficient parliamentary support.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is expected to soon meet with PM Boris Johnson
to discuss Brexit according to AP News.
- The Sep-19 gilt future trades at 134.6, down 65 ticks from Thursday's close
and 9 ticks off the day's low; L-H: 134.51-135.23.
- Gilts have sold off with yields 3-8bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last /
1d chg / L..): 2Y (0.5249% / +8.1bp / 0.5093%...0.5252%); 5Y (0.4122% / +7.9bp /
0.3977%...0.4126%); 10Y (0.4724% / +6.6bp / 0.4544%...0.4724%); 30Y (0.985% /
+3.3bp / 0.9654%...0.985%).
- The curve has bear flattened: 2s10s (-6.4bp / -1.8bp / -8.6bp..-6.2bp); 2s30s
(45.1bp / -5bp / 40.7bp..45.8bp).
- Short sterling futures have broadly sold off with greens underperforming: W (-
0.5/6.0 ticks); R (- 6.5/9.0 ticks); G (- 7.5/8.5 ticks); B (- 5.0/6.5 ticks).