Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- EUR/GBP nudged back toward its key technical 10-dma Thursday but closed below, which keeps the recent underlying bearish tone in place.
- The cross has edged above this 10-dma into Europe (current level Gbp0.8783), touching a high of Gbp0.8791 but awaits the UK data dump at 0700GMT (focus on UK GDP) for fresh impetus.
- Resistance in the cross has been noted between Gbp0.8800/0.8815(61.8%-76.4% Gbp0.8839-0.8837), a break of this area to open a move back toward Gbp0.8839, with the top of the 1.0% 10-dma envelope , currently at Gbp0.8871, then coming into play. Support Gbp0.8750 ahead of the YTD low at Gbp0.8738(Feb05)
- MNI Techs: EURGBP is unchanged and bears have paused for breath. The outlook is bearish and the cross is trading closer to recent lows. MA conditions are also in a bear mode and this reinforces the current trend set-up. The focus is on 0.8711 next, May 11 2020 low with scope too for a breach of the 0.8700 handle. On the upside, initial firm resistance is at 0.8840. A breach of this level would signal scope for a stronger corrective bounce.