Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Gilts sold off sharply at the beginning of the session and have steadily clawed back losses through the day to now trade close to flat.
- Cash yields are now within 1bp of Friday's close. Last yields: 2-year -0.0332%, 5-year 0.0865%, 10-year 0.4883%, 30-year 1.0729%.
- The Mar 21 gilt future trades at 132.23, 1 tick below the day's high.
- The BoE earlier purchased GBP1.48bn of short-dated gilts with offer-to-cover of 4.48x.
- A new study suggests that the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is only 10% effective against the South African variant of the coronavirus.
- Looking ahead, preliminary Q4 GDP will be published on Friday alongside industrial production, construction output, index of services and international trade data for December.