Free Trial
EGB OPTIONS

Schatz Put Spread Vs Call

POLAND

10Y Yield Nearing 8% Level

REFINING

BP Refining Margins Chart

Real-time Actionable Insight

Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.

Free Access
WHITE HOUSE

Widespread expectation that President Joe Biden will sign an Executive Order today mandating that federal employees working for the executive branch must be vaccinated against COVID-19. This would be the first federal-level vaccine mandate for employment in the US. Executive branch employees account for around 90% of the entire federal workforce, with the remaining 10% working for the legislative or judicial branches not covered by the EO.

  • Regular testing is not set to be offered as an alternative to being vaccinated.
  • In addition to workers employed directly by the federal gov't, private sector workers doing contract work for the federal gov't would also need to be vaccinated.
  • As well as executive branch federal employees, the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Indian Health Service and National Institutes of Health will also complete their vaccine requirement plans today.
  • While the EO will only affect federal gov't employees, it could see a backlash from some Republican lawmakers and governors, a proportion of which have voiced loud disapproval of vaccine mandates for work.
MNI London Bureau | +44 203-865-0981 | tom.lake@marketnews.com

To read the full story

Why Subscribe to

MarketNews.com

MNI is the leading provider

of news and intelligence specifically for the Global Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income Markets, providing timely, relevant, and critical insight for market professionals and those who want to make informed investment decisions. We offer not simply news, but news analysis, linking breaking news to the effects on capital markets. Our exclusive information and intelligence moves markets.

Our credibility

for delivering mission-critical information has been built over three decades. The quality and experience of MNI's team of analysts and reporters across America, Asia and Europe truly sets us apart. Our Markets team includes former fixed-income specialists, currency traders, economists and strategists, who are able to combine expertise on macro economics, financial markets, and political risk to give a comprehensive and holistic insight on global markets.