Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Boris Johnson continues to assert that he can secure a deal with
Brussels and has stated that he is confident the EU will shift its position on
- The government has rejected calls from MPs to recall parliament over Brexit; a
proposition spearheaded by Labour's John McDonnell.
The Sep-19 gilt future trades at 134.36, down 18 ticks from Friday's close and
27 ticks off the day's high; L-H: 133.99-134.63
- Gilts have sold off with yields 1-4bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last /
1d chg / L..H): 2Y (0.493% / -0.6bp / 0.4884%...0.5036%); 5Y (0.3979% / +0.6bp /
0.3934%...0.407%); 10Y (0.4828% / +1.9bp / 0.4781%...0.493%); 30Y (1.0508% /
+4.2bp / 1.0422%...1.0613%)
- The curve has steepened: 2s10s (-2.6bp / 3.4bp / -4.2bp..-1.9bp); 2s30s
(54.3bp / 5.7bp / 53.2bp..55.5bp)
- Short sterling futures trade mixed with blues underperforming: W (broadly +
0.0/2.0 ticks higher); R (+ 0.5/1.5 ticks); G (broadly - 0.5/1.5 ticks lower); B
(- 2.0/3.0 ticks)