Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.3983 High Jul 30
- RES 3: 1.3958 High Aug 4
- RES 2: 1.3913 High Sep 14 and a key resistance
- RES 1: 1.3854 High Sep 15
- PRICE: 1.3800 @ 15:59 BST Oct 19
- SUP 1: 1.3709/3657 Low Oct 18 / 20-day EMA
- SUP 2: 1.3544/3412 Low Oct 6 / Low Sep 29 and the bear trigger
- SUP 3: 1.3371 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- SUP 4: 1.3354 Low Dec 23, 2020
GBPUSD traded firmer Tuesday and the rally that started late September remains intact. The pair is trading above the 50-day EMA and Tuesday's technical break has been the move through 1.3795, 76.4% of the Sep 14 -29 downleg. The break higher opens 1.3913, Sep 14 high. On the downside, a firm short-term support has been defined at 1.3544, Oct 6 low. A break would reinstate a bearish focus and open Initial support is at 1.3709/3657.