Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Asia open $1.3283, range $1.3269-93. Europe open
$1.3275, range $1.3267-1.3321.
* Eur/Gbp: Asia open Gbp0.8767, range Gbp0.8860-68. Europe open Gbp0.8761, range
* Market positioning for Thursday's BOE MPC, 88%-90% priced in for a 25bp hike,
kept sterling buoyant into Asia.
* Eur/Gbp extended lows to Gbp0.8760 while cable edged to $1.3293 before it
eased with Eur/Usd to $1.3269.
* Eur/Gbp break below its 200-dma at Gbp0.8758 took cable above $1.3300 to
* Cable dropped back to $1.3282 as Usd demand was prompted by Usd/Jpy's show
* Release of stronger than forecast UK Mfg PMI spiked cable to $1.3321, dropped
Eur/Gbp to Gbp0.8737.
* Sterling remained firm late morning though just off best levels ahead of NY.