Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Oct31 NY range $1.3202-89. Nov1 Asia open $1.3283,
range $1.3269-93. Europe open $1.3275
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.8766-0.8813. Asia open Gbp0.8767, range Gbp0.8860-68.
Europe open Gbp0.8761
* Sterling enjoyed a buoyant tone through Tuesday trade. Cable extended its
recovery to $1.3289, boosted by end month demand.
* Move up was also aided by Eur/Gbp easing to Gbp0.8766, no major end month
* Market positioning for Thursday's BOE MPC, market widely expecting a hike of
25bp provided the main buoyancy.
* Eur/Gbp extended lows to Gbp0.8760 while cable edged to $1.3293 before it
eased with Eur/Usd to $1.3269.
* $1.3265 level holds the strike of an expiring option for today's NY cut,
* UK Manufacturing PMI due at 0930GMT, median 55.9 vs last 55.9.
* Cable resistance to $1.3300, stronger $1.3320 to $1.3350. Support $1.3225/15.