Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Sep11 NY range $1.3161-1.3222. Sep12 Asia open $1.3166,
range $1.3160-82. Current $1.3175(0447GMT)
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.90755-0.90935. Asia open Gbp0.9080, range Gbp0.9071-83,
* Cable recovered Monday to $1.3222, just shy of its Friday high of $1.3223 then
eased off to $1.3161.
* Usd corrected pre weekend losses with the Eur and Jpy seen under main
* Pressure on Eur/Usd allowed Eur/Gbp to extend recent corrective pullback to
Gbp0.90755 in NY, Asia extended move to Gbp0.9071.
* Gbp/Jpy survived an early dip to Y143.91 in Asia before it settled above
Y144.00 through the balance of the session.
* Cable touched an early recovery high of $1.3178 in Asia, dipped to retest
$1.3161 then bounced to $1.3182.
* UK CPI at 0830GMT (market median 0.5%mm, 2.8%yy; core 0.5%mm, 2.5%yy). UK Jobs
data Wednesday, BOE MPC Thursday.