Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Today (1.30pm London time), The Czech National Bank is expected to raise its benchmark rate by another 0.25% to 0.75%. The central bank will hold a news conference (2.45pm) following the decision.
- The majority of the MPC board aims to continue to tighten monetary policy in order to curb inflationary pressures.
- The chart below shows that while Czech 2Y10Y yield curve has flattened by 100bps since December to 32bps (amid falling long term bond yields due to rising uncertainty), momentum on financials stocks has been positive this year as cyclical stocks have been driven by the sharp rise in short term yields.
- This morning, economic data showed that retail sales rose more than expected in June, up 9.7% YoY (vs. 7.3% exp.) and down from revised 18.5% the previous month.