Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The economic outlook continues to improve, and seing early signs of commercial real estate loan growth.
- Card payment rates have stabilized, contributing to modest Card loan growth, but total CCB loans were down 2% reflecting elevated prepayments in mortgage products.
- Originations in mortgage lending remain strong, up 43%
- Expects more loan growth across all products as businesses regain organic customer growth momentum seen pre-pandemic
- Consumer activity rising sharply: Combined credit and debit card spend up 21%, with consumer investment accounts up 9% across the period
- Small business owners have used their Open for Business Fund to pivot to new business models, buy needed supplies and close the gap on rent and utilities
- CSBB up 2% Y/Y primarily due to an increase in consumer activity, including higher debit card transactions
- Recovery from pandemic is creating very active client engagement
- While strong consumer balance sheets have impacted lending, we are seeing higher consumer spending across our cards products