Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: Core bonds have been on the rise through the European morning
session as data has confirmed that the German economy contracted in the second
- Bunds have underperformed USTs this morning but Bund futures have made new
highs (Bund cash yields making record lows).
- USTs have retraced over half of their peak to trough losses of yesterday while
gilts are trading close to levels seen when the US-China tariff news hit the
- BTP-Bund spreads are marginally wider on the day. Yesterday it was confirmed
that Conte would appear before the Senate on August 20 and potentially face a
confidence vote. Salvini has also confirmed that he would appoint Giancarlo
Giorgetti as FinMin.
- UK CPI data came in stronger than expected, rising to 2.1%Y/ Y (exp 1.9%) but
with the BoE's actions conditional on Brexit there was little market reaction.
- TY1 futures are up 0-7 today at 130-01+ with Bund futures up 0.26 at 177.94
and Gilt futures up 0.19 at 134.49.