Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Duma elections start in Russia's Eastern-most regions: Kamchatsky & Chukotsky as elections kick off over the weekend.
- FM Spox Zakharova said US meddling in elections has already been noted but Russia will not turn this into a PR campaigns or use megaphone diplomacy, but rather engage with the US on the facts – reiterating that its embassy presented the US with a report on the matter
- CBR's Nabiullina sees CPI peaking around 7% in September in an interview as impact of one-time factors fades, rate increases have impact.
- "We don't see huge risks of inflation undershooting, we are acting carefully" - Monetary conditions only now becoming neutral if rates compared to inflation expectations.
- Doesn't see major risks from fluctuations in foreign share of OFZ ownership; government debt isn't large enough to create risks to financial stability
- Russia's holdings of US in Treasury bills in July remained at the level of the previous month - $ 4.006bn.
- in April, Russia almost halved its holdings from $96bn -$48.7bn on the back of US debt sanctions and then declined farther to $14.9bn in May – but are now showing signs of stabilizing
- Washington and Moscow discuss the possibility of a visit to Russia by U.S. Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs – no date provided, but November was floated as a potential date
- 0800BST: CBR Gov Nabiullina holds presser at banking conference in Sochi