Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR: DXY last sits at 97.06, unchanged on the day, with BBG running headlines
from U.S. Democratic Senator Shelby, who has stated that "an agreement in
principle has been reached in (gov't) shutdown talks." The bipartisan deal is
said to include "some money for a (border) barrier".
- WTI last ~0.2% higher, while gold is virtually unch.
- On Monday, the dollar index added 42 pips, with USD finishing atop the G10
- U.S.-China trade talks resume this week, with low-level negotiations already
underway & ministerial meetings scheduled for Thursday & Friday.
- DXY bulls look to yesterday's peak at 97.12, ahead of the upper 1.0% 10-DMA
envelope at 97.17, while downside attention is drawn to 96.62, where the index
- U.S. focus today turns to a batch of Fed speakers, including George, Mester &
Fed Chairman Powell. This comes after Fed Governor Bowman noted that she is
happy with the Fed's recent pivot to patience, as the U.S. economy is "in a good