Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- Local economist says he believes a one-off vaccine tax or wealth taxes are unlikely to occur at Fed 24th budget due to laffer curve constraints and limited marginal effectiveness. Expects ~7bn to 13bn funding to come through issuance or a spending reprioritisation from elsewhere.
- Says Mboweni will likely provide a roadmap for this issuance plan, but may also look to approach the IMF for another loan
- Local firm Lamar International Ltd. says it can make 15m doses of Sputnik V vaccine available for SA by May. Despite its 91.6% efficacy rate, the vaccine is yet to be tested vs the SA variant
- Labour Min publishes new national minimum wage at R21.69/hr to take effect from 01 March - amounts to a 4.47% increase from R20.76 in 2020
- Local analyst says extension of the Expropriation Bill to 28 Feb is welcome as the bill poses a systemic threat to SA property rights through expanded state powers to claim property.
- Institute for Race Relations calls on citizens to rally to kill the Bill in the coming weeks