Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: /EGBs-GILTS: A data-heavy European morning has begun with a
risk-off tone as a German GDP contraction in Q2 was confirmed.
- German flash Q2 GDP of -0.1% Q/Q was in line with consensus but Bund yields
continued to head lower, 10-Yr touching new all time low of -0.625%.
- Italy confidence vote delayed until at least next week; Deputy PM Salvini said
earlier if he became PM he would name aide Georgetti as FinMin.
- Italian spreads flat (along with other peripheries), having earlier narrowed.
- UK Ex-Chancellor Hammond saying `very confident` Parliament can block No Deal
Brexit; fresh election or referendum options if can`t be resolved by MPs.
- Data later includes UK Jul CPI out at 0930BST; EZ GDP/IP/Empl at 1000BST.
- Short-Stg a tough lower (1.5-2.0 ticks down in Dec19-Mar21); Euribor +0.5/1.0.
- Again, no Central Bank speakers scheduled. Latest futures prices:
* Sep Bund futures (RX) up 20 ticks at 177.88 (L: 177.62 / H: 177.92)
* Sep BTP futures (IK) up 3 ticks at 139.29 (L: 139.21 / H: 139.89)
* Sep OAT futures (OA) up 21 ticks at 169.27 (L: 169.1 / H: 169.31)
* Sep Gilt futures (G) up 5 ticks at 134.35 (L: 134.25 / H: 134.39)