Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
With few macro/headline drivers, Thursday's session saw largely sideways trading in Gilts and Bunds following a strong start, with periphery spreads mixed.
- That said, BTPs were a highlight, with 10-Yr yields hitting record low at 0.45%. Italy also provided the lone supply today, and saw strong demand, esp for 3-Yr BTP.
- Friday's highlight is UK Dec GDP and components; no central bank speakers scheduled nor bond supply.
Closing yields/10-Yr Spreads to Bunds:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.3bps at -0.717%, 5-Yr is down 1.3bps at -0.704%, 10-Yr is down 2.1bps at -0.458%, and 30-Yr is down 1.4bps at 0.028%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 1.2bps at -0.04%, 5-Yr is down 1.8bps at 0.064%, 10-Yr is down 1.9bps at 0.47%, and 30-Yr is down 1.7bps at 1.054%.
- Italian BTP spread down 2.7bps at 91.4bps/ Spanish spread down 0.4bps at 58bps