Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A downside miss in the much-anticipated US CPI data release buoyed the European FI space Tuesday, with early supply-driven weakness reversing.
- The Bund and Gilt curves bull flattened slightly, while Italy outperformed - 10Y BTP spreads/Germany hit lowest level since Aug 13 (98.1bp).
- Supply this morning came from the UK (Gilt, GBP3bn), Germany (Schatz, E3.9bn allotted), Italy (BTPs, E9.0bn), plus E9bn EU NGEU 7Y syndication.
- UK employment data came in stronger than expected; Aug CPI data Weds morning enters focus.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.5bps at -0.7%, 5-Yr is down 0.3bps at -0.644%, 10-Yr is down 0.9bps at -0.34%, and 30-Yr is down 1.4bps at 0.152%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.3bps at 0.231%, 5-Yr is up 0.5bps at 0.419%, 10-Yr is down 0.7bps at 0.738%, and 30-Yr is down 1.3bps at 1.043%.
- Italian BTP spread down 3bps at 98.7bps / Spanish down 1.4bps at 64.6bps