Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Global core FI is weakening with bear steepening, with Bunds and Gilts lower.
- German and UK 30-Yrs up 3-4bps, with USTs moving in similar fashion, unwinding the early 2020 pandemic move. Lower global COVID case numbers over the weekend helping risk (EQs higher).
- BTP spreads tighter as Draghi moves closer to forming a gov't; more talks today.
- In speakers, we get BOE's Bailey before the Treasury Select Committee at 1530GMT, then ECB's Lagarde and Villeroy speaking separately at 1600GMT.
- But light data calendar ahead and no bond supply today.
- Mar Bund futures (RX) down 47 ticks at 175.7 (L: 175.61 / H: 175.99)
- Mar Gilt futures (G) down 31 ticks at 131.92 (L: 131.73 / H: 132.02)
- Mar BTP futures (IK) up 1 ticks at 152.42 (L: 152.39 / H: 152.7)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 3.1bps tighter at 95.1bps