Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The US are offering a fleet of upgraded F-16 fighter jets to Turkey, according to Erdogan. The move would be a significant de-escalation of tensions given the Turkish order of US F-35s had been blocked throughout the Trump administration. The F-16 offer would be a form of reimbursement after Turkey made a $1.4bln downpayment on the F-35 range. US officials are yet to comment.
- Erdogan continues his three-state tour of Africa, beginning the trip in Angola before heading to Nigeria and Togo. He holds a press conference with Angolan president Lourenco later today.
- Turkish house price index data is due later today, with the previous figures coming in at +31% Y/Y, and +2.8% M/M.
- TRY continues to trade poorly, hitting a new low against the USD this morning at 9.2951. Should the pair close positive, this would mark the seventh consecutive session of gains. 9.30 marks first resistance, ahead of a 9.5366 projection level.