Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Eskom says the sixth and final unit of Medupi power station has now achieved commercial operation.
- However, work remains, with repairs to design flaws expected to be carried out over the next two years. Medupi has been 6 years behind schedule and cost R234bn vs R80bn initially planned
- Suspended SG Magahsule files notice to appeal high court judgement that upheld his suspension on Saturday.
- He argues that the judgement was littered with errors and examples of bias which point to a pre-determined outcome. The court is yet to respond to the appeal
- ANC and the EFF discussions over the terms of Constitutional changes to enable land expropriation without compensation end in a stalemate, with the ANC losing support from the EFF in trying to push the changes.
- This would result in the ANC presenting changes that could be rejected by the DA and the EFF, without enough of a majority to pass. However, the ANC has vowed to proceed with the plans alone, if needs be
- Mineral resources department launches tender to replace dysfunctional Samrad mine licensing system that has been the cause of a backlog of 5,000 applications for mining and related rights.
- This system is expected to increase transparency and efficiency in the sector and is expected to boost exploration
- SA records 8,791 new cases of Covid-19 with 178 deaths on Sunday