September 11, 2023 08:17 GMT
EU Daily Renewables Forecast: CWE Wind Output To Pick Up Next Week
Forecasts suggest higher wind output in central western Europe from next week, with wind output in France rising already from this weekend. Solar PV output is expected to ease from next week in the northern countries according to spotrenewables.
- German wind output is forecast to stay low this week before picking up slightly from mid next week. Combined onshore and offshore output is expected at 1.9-15.3GW during base-load hours in the next nine days. German solar PV output is forecast to ease from next week.
- Wind output in France is forecast to pick up from this weekend to reach 1.1-8.1GW during base-load hours in the period to 20 September. Solar PV output is forecast to stay relatively strong in the next nine days at load factors of 26-41% during peak-load hours.
- French power demand is estimated at 45.8-53.7GW on 14-20 Sept, RTE data show.
- Wind output in Norway is forecast to rise on the week to 823MW-2.3GW during base-load hours in the next nine days.
- Temperatures across Europe are expected to remain above normal for the coming week before drifting slightly cooler in the second week of the outlook back towards normal.