Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The European Commission stated late yesterday that the EU is ready to engage in dialogue with Turkey on a number of areas of common interest if the current de-escalation of tensions in the gas-rich eastern Mediterranean is sustained. Nonetheless, the Commission reiterated that if any further provocations are forthcoming, the EU will use all options at its disposal.
- The global finance watchdog the Financial Action Task Force could gray-list Turkey in response to the country's failure to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, according to the FT.
- Erdogan's three-state Africa visit continues, with the President leaving Angola to head to Nigeria. He meets with Nigerian President Buhari and will hold a joint press conference. He then travels to Togo later in the week to complete the tour.
- The Turkish central bank are expected to institute a second sizeable rate cut on Thursday, with markets expecting a cut of 50-100bps. Full MNI preview here: https://marketnews.com/mni-cbrt-preview-october-20...
- Later today, the VP Oktay presents a draft for the 2022 budget.
- USDTRY bulls are still firmly in charge and the pair continues to head north. The 9.20 handle has been cleared and scope is seen for a move towards 9.3803, 2.382 projection of the Sep 10 - 20 - 22 price swing. The 2.50 projection is at 9.4185. Key support is 8.8008, the former range top and Jun 2 high. Initial firm support is seen at 8.9577, the Sep 29 high and a recent breakout level.