Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EURO SUMMARY: Eur/Usd: Asia open $1.1619, range $1.1613-72. Europe open $1.1656,
* Press reports late NY that US Trump favored Jerome Powell for next Fed Chair
weighed on the Usd in Asia.
* Also angst over Republican Tax Bill, some conjecture corporate tax cuts may
only be temporary and phased out after a decade.
* Eur/Usd recovered off an early low of $1.1613 to $1.1672 before momentum faded
and rate eased off to $1.1650.
* Recovery efforts were capped just above $1.1660 before early Europe added
weight and took rate back below $1.1650.
* Usd demand remained through the European morning as rate extended the pullback
* Rate was seen paring back some of the losses late morning, edged back toward
the $1.1650 level.
* Fed Powell speaks at 1230GMT. Trump to announce Fed Chair, House Republicans
to announce tax plan.