Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The HY credit market in China keeps being distressed as the uncertainty over Chinese real estate developer giant Evergrande has been surging.
- Shortly after China officials recently said to the company's creditor that the company will not pay interest on its debt nor repay its principal, Evergrande main unit said that trading on all of its onshore bonds will be suspended on Thursday.
- The yield on the RMB-denominated bonds due in 2025 surged above 50% in September according to Bloomberg.
- The company's stocks (3333 HK Equity) is down over 90% since July 2020 and has been weighing on the entire EM real estate sector.
- The chart below shows that while Evergrande price-to-book ratio collapsed from a high of 4.5 in June 2017 to a low of 0.20 today, the price-to-book ratio of EM real estate stocks fell from 1.6 to 0.92 over the years, making the whole sector appear cheap (relative to other EM equities).