Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
This is an exclusive preview of MNI's new Issuance product that will be launched in Q2-2021. All feedback is welcome. If you would be interested in signing up to a trial, please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
This document includes country-by-country commentary of issuance in January 2021, a summary of issuance plans for 2021 for each country, auction calendars for the year and schedules of coupon and redemption payments for 2021.
- A total of E166.9bln of EGB and EU issuance took place in January 2021 (E161.5bln nominal). This is an increase of 33% over the E125.7bln of cash raised in January 2020.
- 35% of this additional issuance can be attributed to the EU which has raised E14.6bln in cash terms (E14.0bln in nominal terms) through its SURE programme.
- Germany accounted for around 19% of the total increase in issuance, having increased issuance by E7.9bln compared to January 2020.
- Italy also increased issuance by E5.6bln compared to January 2020 (accounting for 13% of the increase).
- A number of other countries also saw large increases in issuance relative to January 2020.
- Only Portugal has a lower amount of issuance in January 2021 relative to January 2020.