Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/MYR operates -12 pips at MYR4.2315 as we type, with little in the way of notable domestic headline flow seen so far.
- Note that the pair recently re-tested the neckline of a double bottom pattern charted over Sep-Nov. A failure to break that level resulted in a fresh bout of USD/MYR purchases.
- Bulls would be pleased by a break above Dec 3 high of MYR4.2372, which would shift focus to Nov 26 cycle high of MYR4.2490, a key topside target. Bears look for a fall through Dec 1 low/aforementioned neckline at MYR4.2000/4.1970.
- FinMin Zafrul told CNBC that Malaysia is on track to achieve its GDP growth target of +3.0-4.0% Y/Y this year, despite the emergence of a new coronavirus variant.
- Participants look ahead to the release of Malaysia's industrial output on Friday.