Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- This morning, CNB policymaker Holub mentioned that the rate hike was necessary to show that the central bank is currently acting on price stability. With inflation standing around 5%, the CNB board can hardly say that it is not their priority.
- As inflationary pressures are expected to remain elevated until the end of the year, the CNB could continue to surprise the market at its next meeting on November 4.
- Forward rates are currently pricing in a 100bps hike by early January, which would bring the policy rate back to Q4 2008 levels.
- This morning, economic data showed that Czech PPI rose by 9.9% in September (as exp.), up from 9.3% the previous month.