Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- GBP/RUB has taken a leg lower today after four tests of dynamic support from the 50dma at 97.845 as risks surrounding ‘Plan B’ restrictions hit UK markets.
- Geopolitical risks, combined with oil weakness and broad-based risk off pushed the cross +6.33% higher from the 11 Nov lows to peak at 101.0554 on 26 Nov, which corresponds with the crescendo in geopolitical tensions over Ukraine.
- RUB has been gaining ground against most G10 currencies since then as Ukraine risks dissipate and US-Russia talks become more constructive.
- Moreover, support from market expectations for further CBR hikes has continued to bolster the currency against late hikers
- Next major Support stands at 96.6784, 95.522 & 95.0418