Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts faded into the 20-yr Gilt supply, but recovered some of the
lost ground following strong demand and small tail, to trade steady to modestly
higher led by the long-end, and in turn flattening the yield curve.
- 2-yr Gilt yield is +0.1bp at 0.536%, 5-yr -0.6bp at 0.79%, 10-yr -1.9bp at
1.267% and 30-yr -2bp at 1.80%.
- The DMO tapped 1.75% Jul 2037 Gilt for Stg2.25bln with demand rising and tail
dropping to just 0.1bp vs 0.4bp previously.
- Gilts opened higher led by the long-end taking cue from overnight move higher
in USTs following comments from China's SAFE that BBG story on China slowing or
even stopping purchases of USTs could of been from a 'wrong source' or even fake
- A survey from recruiter Morgan McKinley showed vacancies in London's financial
district in Dec dropping by 52% m/m the highest in 3-years, showing possible
sign of impact of Brexit, as banks hold back on recruiting.
- Both swap spreads and breakevens are little changed so far Thursday, while
short sterling strip is steady to higher but in very light volume.