Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Government spokeswoman Alison Donnelly has stated that there is an
'absolute commitment' not to put checks on the Irish border and that PM
Johnson's team will present their Brexit proposals to Brussels in the coming
- This morning's gilt auction (1.75% 2037 Gilt) was well subscribed, with a
bid-to-cover of 1.89.
- The manufacturing PMI for September surprised higher but remains in
contraction territory (48.3 vs 47.0 survey).
- The Dec-19 gilt future trades at 133.58, down 66 ticks from Monday's close and
28 ticks off the day's low; L-H: 133.3-134.15.
- Gilts have sold off with yields 4-7bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last /
1d chg / L..H): 2Y (0.4008% / +3.7bp / 0.3969%...0.4136%); 5Y (0.3206% / +4.1bp
/ 0.3155%...0.3328%); 10Y (0.5494% / +6.6bp / 0.5439%...0.5615%); 30Y (1.04% /
+6.8bp / 1.0343%...1.0496%).
- The curve has bear steepened: 2s10s (14.2bp / 3.2bp / 11.3bp..14.5bp); 2s30s
(63.4bp / 3.2bp / 60.3bp..63.7bp).