Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Peru will have to raise interest rates, but the time-frame over which this will happen remains uncertain, Central Bank President Julio Velarde said. (Bloomberg)
- Peru raised policy rate at last two meetings because, given recovery, "we no longer require a monetary that is so exceptionally expansionary," Velarde said at a press conference in Lima.
- Central bank lifts 2021 GDP growth forecast to 11.9% from 10.7%.
- Central bank cut 2022 growth forecast to 3.4% from a previous forecast of 4.5%, Velarde said.
- Raises forecast for 2021 inflation rate to 4.9% from 3%.
- Raises forecast for 2022 inflation rate to 2.6% from 2%.
- Called on President Pedro Castillo not to name a central bank board that would be "conflictive".