Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Bloomberg write that new data from the JSE shows that foreign bond-buying in South Africa was stronger than previously thought, with the JSE's new release detailing settled trades to more accurately capture flow and longer-term trends. The data showed a net $1.5bln of bond inflow in the year up to October 8th.
- From today, children in South Africa aged 12 - 17 years will be able to get their COVID vaccine. Parental consent is not required.
- Inflation data due at 1000 local time / 0900BST / 0400ET takes focus, with markets expecting Y/Y Core CPI to stick stubbornly to 3.1%. Headline CPI is seen rising to 5.0% on a Y/Y basis, just shy of the YTD high at 5.2% printed at end-May.
- USDZAR is trading lower again today and has probed support at 14.5701, Sep 23 low. The pair has breached the 50-day EMA and a clear break of 14.5701 would signal scope for a deeper pullback. This would open 14.3444, 76.4% of the Sep 10 - 30 rally. On the upside, 14.8326, the 20-day EMA marks the initial resistance.