Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Big move lower for short sterling on the open this morning following comments from BOE Governor Bailey said over the weekend that rising energy prices will remain higher for longer and push inflation higher and "That raises for central banks the fear and concern of embedded expectations. That's why we, at the Bank of England have signaled, and this is another signal, that we will have to act. But of course that action comes in our monetary policy meetings."
- Dec21 contract opening down 8.5 ticks on the day at 99.56 at writing. Rest of the Whites down 10-11 ticks.
- Similar moves seen across the Reds. Still sizeable moves lower further out the curve.
- Short sterling pulling Euribor futures lower here from the Reds onwards and to a lesser extent Eurodollar futures.