Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGBs are on the front foot throughout the session, on safe haven, following the lack of advance between the EU and the UK on a Brexit deal.
- Sunday is the new self impose date, although UK Raab said that extension pass that date isn't ruled out.
- PM Johnson tweeted this afternoon; "Australia-Style Solution' Is 'Very, Very Likely'
- Peripherals have lagged the German 10yr somewhat this afternoon, translating in wider spread, with Italy at 2.1bps.Spain 10yr yield traded in negative territory for the 1st time, making a -0.004% low.
- Looking ahead after market, Sovereign rating:
- Fitch on Spain (current rating: A-; Outlook Stable) & Switzerland (current rating: AAA; Outlook Stable)
- Moody's on Luxembourg (current rating: Aaa; Outlook Stable) & Norway (current rating: Aaa; Outlook Stable)
- S&P on Slovenia (current rating: AA-; Outlook Stable)
- All the focus will be on the weekend Brexit talks ahead of a busy week next week as we close out the year.
- Bund futures are up 0.50 today at 178.58 with 10y Bund yields down -2.8bp at -0.633% and Schatz yields down -1.5bp at -0.788%.
- BTP futures are up 0.14 today at 152.05 with 10y yields down -0.7bp at 0.554% and 2y yields down -0.1bp at -0.441%.
- OAT futures are up 0.39 today at 168.43 with 10y yields down -2.5bp at -0.383% and 2y yields down -0.7bp at -0.734%.