Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US STOCKS CLOSE: In U.S. stocks, the S&P 500 closed up 0.08% at 2,498.37, after
trading in a 2,492.14 to 2,498.37 range. This is a life-time high close and a
life-time intraday high.
- The August 21 low of 2,417.35 was the lowest since July 11, when the index
bottomed at 2,412.79.
- At Wednesday's close, the S&P 500 was up 11.6% year-to-date.
- Market players were also monitoring the Russell 2000 index, which often leads
larger stock swings.
- The Russell 2000 closed up 0.24% at 1,426.89, down from an earlier high of
1,428.745. The index posted a high of 1,452.091 July 25.
- Only a few weeks ago, the index posted a low of 1,349.35 August 18, which was
the lowest level since April 17, when the Russell 2000 bottomed at 1,345.363.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq Composite posted new life-time
high closes of 22,158.18 and 6,460.19 respectively, but failed to revisit the
life-time intraday highs of 22,179.11, seen August 8 and 6,460.841, seen July