Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/IDR sits at IDR14,243 as we type, 20 figs below neutral levels. Should the rate descend past Jun 11 low of IDR14,185, bears could take aim at May 10 low of IDR14,145. Bulls look for a break above the 200-DMA at IDR14,282, which would clear the way to Aug 31 high of IDR14,345.
- USD/IDR 1-month NDF last seen -7 figs at IDR14,272. Downside focus falls on Aug 31 low of IDR14,243, while bulls set their sights on the 200-DMA at IDR14,360.
- Indonesia will again review its Covid-19 restrictions today after loosening curbs last week, as daily cases continue to ease. The country declared 5,403 new infections on Sunday, the lowest count since June 3.
- Bank Indonesia and the PBOC announced a currency settlement cooperation framework, based on a memorandum of understanding signed last September.
- Indonesia's consumer confidence gauges headline the local data docket this week.