Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
A rally in USD/JPY seen in Monday's European hours ran out of fuel and the rate retraced the move into the WMR fix, but a gentle bounce off lows allowed it to finish just marginally above Friday's close.
- Japanese markets were closed for the Mountain Day yesterday; the country comes back to work after a long weekend today.
- Japanese PM Abe struggles to win back popular support for his government, as a poll published by Yomiuri on Monday showed it receive the worst public rating since 2012. The disapproval rating stood at 54%, with 37% of respondents approving the government.
- USD/JPY last trades at Y105.96, unchanged on the day. A move through Aug 3 high of Y106.47 is needed to bring the upper 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at Y106.67 into play. Bears look for a retreat under Aug 5 low of Y105.32 before targeting Jul 31 low of Y104.19.
- Japan reports domestic BoP data today, with Eco Watchers Survey also due. Flash machine tool orders come out tomorrow, while PPI hits on Thursday.