Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: JGB futures registered fresh session highs in the afternoon, aided by
another solid round of upsized JGB supply, coming via the 5-Year variety.
Contract last +5 after pulling back from best levels, with the curve flattening.
5s unwound their underperformance post-auction, swaps mostly wider vs. JGBS.
- In terms of 5-Year supply specifics, there was an uptick in the cover ratio &
steady tail width vs. prev. auction (which was of smaller size). The low price
topped dealer exp. It looks like entry points via ASW & swap spreads may have
supported takedown, along with a backstop from the BoJ's active YCC policy.
- Elsewhere, the BoJ downgraded its econ assessment across all 9 Japanese
regions, while BoJ Governor Kuroda's latest comments offered nothing new.
- Foreigners remained net sellers of Japanese bonds in the most recent week,
registering a 2nd consecutive week of net sales, although the rate of the
shedding slowed (to Y746.5bn). They have been net sellers 4 of the last 5 weeks.
- COVID-19 testing has picked up in Tokyo resulting in a jump in the number of
new cases declared today, with the same touted for tomorrow.
- 1-3, 5-10 & 25+ Year BoJ Rinban ops headline locally on Friday.