Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
JPMorgan saw the August report as supporting their view "that the rapid run of sequential month-on-month inflation from earlier this year remains behind us".
- They saw it as "possible that the spread of the Delta variant weighed on prices in certain areas".
- There were "several different stories playing out in different areas", with travel/tourism areas normalizing; supply chain issues impacting the auto sector; and firm monthly gains in shelter ex-hotel metrics.
- "The rent measures remain in focus given their large weights and some alternative rent measures showing very strong price increases lately."
- Their estimate of core PCE M/M is +0.29% (3.6% Y/Y).