Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/JPY wavered yesterday, closing just slightly below neutral levels. Participants weighed familiar risk factors, but there was little to push the rate firmly in either direction.
- The pair last deals at Y105.53, little changed on the day. A fall through yesterday's low of Y105.30 would shift bearish focus to Jul 31 low of Y104.19. Bulls look to take out Aug 3 high/upper 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at Y106.47/48, which would bring Jul 24 high of Y106.90 into play.
- Japanese earnings/spending data will be out today.
- Next week's highlights in Japan include BoP current a/c balance & Eco Watchers Survey (Tuesday), flash machine tool orders (Wednesday) and PPI (Thursday).
- As a reminder, Japan observes a public holiday on Monday.