Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/PHP trades +0.167 at PHP49.995 as we type, following a firmer reopen, as local Covid-19 case count remains elevated. Bulls need the rate to rally past Aug 27 high of PHP50.145, before taking aim at Aug 19 high of PHP50.615. Conversely, a slide through Sep 3 low of PHP49.659 would clear the way to Aug 4 low of PHP49.605.
- USD/PHP 1-month NDF last seen +0.040 at PHP50.080. Bulls look to a move through the 50-DMA/Sep 1 high at PHP50.224/50.260, while bears keep an eye on PHP49.720, which cushioned losses on Aug 31/Sep 1.
- The Philippines declared 20,019 new Covid-19 cases on Sunday, the third day in a row when infections topped 20,000.
- Trade Sec Lopez said Saturday that the authorities are planning to pilot a "granular lockdown system" in Metro Manila from Wednesday. The authorities are planning to shift from region-wide restrictions towards targeted curbs in small high-transmission hot spots.
- San Juan City Mayor Zamora confirmed to CNN that the NCR will be placed under a relaxed General Community Quarantine from Wednesday through the end of the month, with only certain areas like "streets, compounds, or households" left in lockdown.
- Coming up on the data front we have Philippine unemployment and CPI data (Tuesday) as well as the latest trade report (Thursday).