Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BEIJING (MNI) - The Chinese yuan weakened to 6.4379 against the U.S. dollar
from Wednesday's closing of 6.4325, following a lower fixing by PBOC today.
PBOC set the yuan's central parity rate at 6.4401 vs U.S. dollar, weaker
than Wednesday's 6.4335.
Money market rates traded mixed after the PBOC injected net CNY90 billion
- 7-day benchmark deposit repo average rose to 2.8523% from 2.8343% yesterday
- Overnight deposit repo average 2.7367%, lower than 2.7670% yesterday.
***COMMENT: CFETS-ICAP index was at 62 at 10:30 a.m. local time, compared
with above 70 at the same time yesterday, indicating improved liquidity this
Yield on the most-active 10-year China government bonds last traded
3.9675%, up from 3.9550% close yesterday: Wind Information
- Shanghai Composite Index rose 0.25% to 3,453.28 at midday trading break
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index gained 0.18% to 32,040.78.
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 10 85325998; email: email@example.com
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 10 8532 5998; email: firstname.lastname@example.org