Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Fig. 1: Periphery Spreads Hold In Despite Risk-Off Week
Unlike gilts and Treasuries which have taken a leg lower, Bunds have continued to bounce around within yesterday's trading range. Peripheral spreads have been mixed with BTP spreads a bit wider on the day but other spreads generally narrower.
- Bund futures are down -0.18 today at 176.13 with 10y Bund yields up 1.1bp at -0.627% and Schatz yields up 0.9bp at -0.803%.
- BTP futures are down -0.08 today at 149.55 with 10y yields up 2.2bp at 0.746% and 2y yields up 2.2bp at -0.350%.
- OAT futures are down -0.20 today at 170.05 with 10y yields up 1.3bp at -0.341% and 2y yields up 0.7bp at -0.729%.
The longer end of the gilt curve has come under pressure this afternoon alongside weak trading in equities.
- Cash yields are 2-5bp higher with the 2s30s spread 4bp wider. Last yields: 2-year -0.043%, 5-year -0.0455%, 10-year 0.2612%, 30-year 0.8172%.
- The Dec-20 gilt future trades at 135.64, towards the bottom end of the day's range (L:135.50 / H: 136.08).
- The short sterling futures strip has steepened with greens/blues down 3.0-5.0 ticks on the day.
- Looking ahead, focus next week will be on the BoE and FOMC meetings, particularly in light of speculation that the former could eventually opt for negative policy rates and given that the ECB this week effectively set up a fresh round of stimulus in December.
- The data calendar will be light, with the final PMI prints for October being the main release of note.
- ERH1 100.25 put bought for 0.5 in 3k
- 0RZ0 v 3RZ0 100.625/100.75 call spread, buys the mid for 0.75 in 5k
- 0RH1 100.625/100.75 call spread v 3RH1 100.625/100.75 call spread, pays 1 for the mid in 2k
- 3RG1 100.375/100.125 put spread bought for 2.25-2.5 in 3k
- 0EZ0 135.50/135.25/135.00 put fly sold at 3 in 4k x 6k x 1k
- LH1 99.875/99.75 1x2 put spread, sold the 1 at 0.25 in 3k
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.