Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
All timings subject to change.
Monday 8 February:
- United States: Congressional Democrats set to present legislation as part of President Biden's USD1.9trn COVID-19 relief package. Various committees in both the House and Senate due to begin crafting various bills that will form the package, with the headline piece of legislation on Monday set to come from the House Ways and Means Committee, which is intended to give millions of families at least USD3,000 per child as part of the Child Tax Credit Bill.
- EU-UK: European Commission VP Maros Sefcovic travels to London this week for face-to-face talks with UK Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove regarding the Commission's triggering of Art.16 of the Northern Ireland protocol in late January in relation to the export of COVID-19 vaccines from the EU to the UK, which sparked outrage in Belfast, Dublin, and London. UK seeking an extension of customs grace periods in order to make things easier for UK exporters that have been hit hard by new customs checks following the UK's exit from the single market.
- European Union: Plenary session of the European Parliament gets underway, continuing through to 11 Feb. Annual report on the European Central Bank for 2020 due to be presented to the parliament, with ECB President Christine Lagarde in attendance.
- New Zealand: Public holiday for Waitangi Day.