September 01, 2023 12:04 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - Schumer Warns Of Government Shutdown Risk
Daily roundup of news from the US.
- Senate Majority Leader Schumer (D-NY) has called on the Senate to prevent, “extremists from forcing a government shutdown.”
- 11:15 ET 16:15 BST: President Biden will speak on today’s jobs reports.
- Republican Blake Masters is expected to run for the Arizona Senate seat of Senator Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) - a potentially unpredictable three-way race in the crucial swing state.
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp (R-GA) delivered former President Trump a blow yesterday by rejecting calls to investigate District Attorney Fani Willis.
- The attending physician on Capitol Hill yesterday cleared Senate Minority Leader McConnell (R-KY) to, “continue with his schedule as planned,” as conservatives call for the Republican leader to step down.
- Ukrainian soldiers have completed training on M1 Abrams tanks ahead of an expected mid-September delivery of 10 of the promised 31 units.
- President Biden has called for the biggest pay rise for federal workers since 1981.
- Senate Majority Leader Schumer has continued his push for AI regulation, calling it "one of the most difficult things we [will] undertake."
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will focus on MDB evolution and advocate for Ukraine at the G20 Summit in September.
- Poll of the Day: Ramaswamy fades amid greater scrutiny.
Please find the full article attached below:
Keep reading...Show less