Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Nonfarm payroll effect short-lived, but CAD shines after stellar jobs
* CAD remains comfortably the outperformer following the far stronger than
expected Canadian jobs report. USD/CAD sits at its lowest level since late Sept
(C$1.2406 at the time of writing) and up close to 1% against G10.
* USD was unsurprisingly volatile after the broadly weak nonfarm payrolls,
falling initially, but quickly recovering as markets gauged that the release
would have little (if any) impact on the Fed's interest rate plans (particularly
in the Yellen -> Powell transition).
* Elsewhere, Eurozone inflation numbers were mixed (CPI slightly lower, PPI
higher) and had little effect on the EUR which trades generally weaker.
* The JPY held losses from the Asian session throughout Europe and US, as Asian
equities rallied for the 4th consecutive session. As a result, EUR/JPY touched
Oct 2015 highs.
* Calendar's finished for the day, but Monday sees the release of German factory
orders and Eurozone retail sales.